vrijdag 25 juli 2014

Jumping with Joy


"Hello there!

How are you? Ah, great. Oh, me? Oh, you know, I'm just FLIPPING EXCITED. In 5 days, I'll be in a plane. But it's not just any plane. It's a plane heading to 神戸(Kobe)!! I can't wait, haha! We got our final itineraries last week. I am currently jumping with joy as I write this.

This week's been very special. I got the opportunity to go to Temple Square! Whaaaa? Let me explain: international missionaries get the chance to visit the Salt Lake temple in their last weeks at the MTC. So they get one whole morning off so they can tour around Temple Square. Unfortunately, the temple was closed so we couldn't go inside and have a session. But we still got to see it from up close. SO COOL. MANY PICTURES WERE TAKEN.
  

The devotionals this week were pretty awesome as well! In one of them T.C. Christensen s, a movie director, spoke to us (The one who directed "17 Miracles". Remember that movie?)
He spoke about his experiences while directing that movie and why he made certain decisions. The main message of that devotional was: "Live your life in such a way that you can be ready to serve the Lord at any time." In the other devotional, The Ellis family spoke to us. What? Family you say? Yes! Family! Not only did Stanley G. Ellis and his wife speak to us, but their 8 returned missionary sons and daughters as well!! Crazy! They all bore their testimonies and missionary experience. The devotional as a whole focused a lot on obedience and hope. And I really like how it kind of linked to the previous devotional by T.C. Christensen: by following the commandments and rules, you'll be ready to serve the Lord and claim all His promised blessings." Like a jigsaw puzzle! Heheh.

We also demonstrated "How to begin teaching in front of tons of new missionaries. I was really scared for some reason, but it went really well and we learned a lot!

I learned so much here in the MTC. I'm grateful for all of the experiences I've had, be it good or bad. It has really strengthened me. This is my last post from the States.The next blog entry will come from Japan, haha!

Please note: p-days (in which I can update this blog) will change to monday and the mailing address is changed as well. From now on, please use my new address in Japan if you want to send me something awesome through mail, okidoki?

Elder Pedro Serra Santos
Japan Kobe Mission
4-6-28 Shinohara Honmachi
Nada-Ku, Kobe-Shi, Hyogo-Ken
Japan 657-0067

Use only 'Japan Post' ( no Fed Ex or UPS, etc.) to send your letters or packages.

I love you all and I hope to see you next time!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten