zondag 20 september 2015

The Eye is the Light of the Body

Another busy week passes over here in Osaka and I am pooped.

We did a companion exchange last week, which was really good! Even though every appointment fell through, we had a very good day! We were able to meet with a lot of people on the street here and we found some with interest as well! At first, I felt like I was kind of clumsy and I was a little bummed because we weren't able to meet with anyone we had planned beforehand (I didn't remember how to get to one of them, even though we go there regularly), but I soon put those thoughts away and focused on making the time we had that day as effective as possible. In between trying to visit the investigators, we tried to talk to as many people as we could handle on the street. We were able to teach 5 lessons in about 3 hours of in-between finding. To some it may not be much, but I felt happy with the fruits of our hard work.

I believe that if I would've stayed down about our appointments falling through and me not being able to find the way, I wouldn't have been able to actually invite people to come unto Christ. It reminds me of a scripture I really like.

3 Ne 13:22
The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

If our eyes are single or, in other words, if "our eyes look correctly" (as it literally says in Japanese), we will be full of light; we will radiate happiness, love and self-confidence. If we look at the bright side of things and have hope, everything will be alright. It is all about attitude. If you face your future with a smile, your future will be bright.

I love this Gospel. I remember being easily affected in a bad way by set-backs and slip-ups. But those things are all part of our learning experience here on earth. Jesus Christ is able to change our hearts and shape us into brighter, happier and more positive people. Thanks, Jesus!

LOVE all of you! I hope you have a wonderful week!!

聖徒長老、ELDER SANTOS





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten