zondag 12 juli 2015

Leading in 3D

Hello, friends!

This week has been super! A new transfer has begun and I'm happy to say that I enjoy the new "Ootsu Team" a lot! We just connect and get along really well with each other. My new companion, Griffitts長老, is so awesome! He is like a super nice, friendly giant! The two of us are like brothers! (By the way, he's in one of the Mormon Messages for Youth: clicky!)

Even though this week has been hectic due to transfers, we still managed to get a lot done. We came super close to reaching all of our goals. Maybe we haven't met our expectations completely, but I'm still super happy. Excited for what this week will bring!

I've noticed that my ability to lead has grown a lot since I've become a senior companion, three transfers ago. I always considered myself to be more of a servant, rather than a leader (which is still a little true), but as my mission went on over here in the Shiga prefecture, I've been able to handle things on my own better, so that I could also help those around me better. You can't help others until you've helped yourself. It's crucial to find the right balance in handling things yourself and relying on others to help you as well (especially the Lord).

I found out that a huge part of handling yourself and being a leader is being humble and teachable. I learned that a lot this week. Being a leader gives you more opportunities to learn -- even more than not being one, I feel. You just get put in the front in every situation and you have to make sure everything turns out okay and goes smoothly. When you are put in the front (instead of always walking behind someone), you experience everything like a 3D movie: everything is more impressive and direct -- right in your face. When we mess up, we mess up in 3D too. Such an experience can shake you to the core and crush your confidence, but we must not be defeated when that happens. It is actually an excellent opportunity to learn and grow. It doesn't feel good messing up, but there is no shame in being wrong and making mistakes. Be happy and positive! You now know how to become even better! Through humility we are better able to receive feedback from others and ourselves. It is key! I learned that I need to keep brushing up on my humility, so I can be positive about myself, knowing that I can improve. I'm so grateful for the blessing of being a senior companion and for the ability we have been given by our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, to improve and become better every day.

Thanks so much for reading, everybody! I hope you have an awesome week! Until next time!

沢山の愛,
~聖徒長老, Elder Santos33

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten