zondag 30 augustus 2015

Hope For A Better World

Hello, outside world!

This week has been a very good one! It's been really tiring for some reason. It seemed like normal missionary work, but my energy tanks are empty. Work consisted of falling flat on my face a lot, not knowing Japanese here and there and giving a pretty okay talk at Sacrament meeting yesterday. Dang, I love Abeno so much! It's completely different from any of my previous areas I have been in. It feels like a completely different pace -- a faster one, for sure. It even gets TOO fast, sometimes (which is why I fell flat on my face a couple of times)!

But I'm really grateful to be here in Osaka. I feel like the challenges are here to help me grow and become what I want to be. In fact, it reminds me of a cool scripture we've been focussing on lately:


Ether 12:4

Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

Hope is like a ship's anchor that makes us strong and unmovable even during the greatest of storms that life may bring us. To me, Osaka might be pretty stormy right now, but because I know that I'm doing His work and because I know that these experiences will shape me into what my Heavenly Father desires, I know that I'll be okay no matter what happens: I hope for a bright future.

What do you hope for and how is it your anchor?

A whole lot of love,
~エルダー・サントス、Erudaa Santosu

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten