zondag 30 augustus 2015

The Works of God Made Manifest

Hello, everyone!

This week has been so tiring -- I don't even know how tired I am. But we've done well! Or, rather, God did well. Honestly, I feel like most of last week's work was brought to us, instead of us going out to work. A member treats you to some delicious homemade sushi at church, for instance, when all of a sudden a random man comes in and exclaims in slight disappointment "Oh, so they're not doing church today" (on a Saturday). We've had the privilege of sharing the abundance of sushi with this man and share a little bit about our beliefs and the Gospel. He even came back the next day and he wanted to learn a little more about our church. Hmm! Good job, Heavenly Father!

A cool scripture I bumped into: John 9:1-3

1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.


Sometimes we have a lot of afflictions, hardships and trials in our lives. Sometimes we say: "What have I done to deserve this?" Earlier on my mission, I was really insecure and felt like I had nothing but weaknesses. I used to think I'd done something bad to receive all the "punishment". But, looking back, I can say that this is not the case. I'm a much more confident, happier missionary than I was before. Why? God had given me those circumstances (that seemed really harsh to me) in order for me to open my eyes and see God's hand aiding me and lifting me up. My testimony has grown a lot since my first day in Japan and I know for sure that it wasn't through my own power. God suffers us to have trials and hardships, because He wants us to witness and experience the enabling and cleansing power that comes from our faith in and our reliance on Him and His Son.

Heavenly Father loves you and so do I! I hope you have an awesome week!

Buh-bye!

聖徒長老、ELDER SANTOS

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten