zondag 20 december 2015

Forgive & Forget - 9 November

How have you all been?

I'm tired. Therefore I'm happy. Last week was a mess and at first I thought organizing everything would stress me out immensely, just like it did when I became senior companion for the first time in Ootsu. But I'm really happy! Because I realized that I know what repentance is. When I was a younger missionary, I knew what repentance meant in my head, but not in my heart. I didn't apply every principle of repentance myself, even though I taught it those around me all the time. Even though I would improve day by day, I would always look back full of regret for the countless mistakes I had made before.

Forgive and forget.

That's the one part I didn't understand with my heart. Everyone is imperfect and our paths to perfection will, without a doubt, be filled with flaws and errors. Instead of looking back and cringing, I now look forward with determination to improve and become better. "What can I do from now on?" When I noticed how much my attitude has changed, I felt invigorated and strong.

The Gospel has really blessed me with an improved understanding of myself. I am a child of God. The end of my path shines with glorious luster and fills me with joy and hope. I don't need to worry as long as I trust Heavenly Father and as long as I try to love Him with all my heart, all my might and all my mind. The reason I'm still standing is because of Him. I owe all I have to Him. He has put everything I need to reach my potential on my path. Be it high mountains to test me and to burn away my flaws or the many tender mercies to comfort my wounded soul.

It's been a marvelous week. I love missionary work and I love you. Thank you so much for everything you do for us and for the Lord. Tell your wife how awesome she is as well, please!

Have a great week,

聖徒長老、ELDER SANTOS

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten